Wye Valley Runners are pleased to be hosting the 4th race in the Herefordshire XC Winter League on Sunday 11th January 2015.
This course is largely on private land. It is really important that runners do not practice or do recce runs . The land is also an active game shoot - so please steer well clear apart from race day.
This years course is a new route - around 6.1 miles and quite challenging - so feel free to load up on mince pies at Christmas as this race will work them off for you!
Race starts 11 am prompt. Parking is at a premium so please share lifts where possible. Please also note that the approach is through narrow lanes with dog walkers and farm vehicles a plenty - please drive with care and respect to our hosts.
Click here for an image of the course
Directions from Hereford
- Follow the A49 south towards Ross-on-Wye for 3 miles.
- Turn right between the car dealerships, Ssang Yong and Suzuki.
- Turn left at the T-junction.
- After 200 metres, turn right and follow run signs .
Directions from Ross
- Follow the A49 north towards Hereford for 8 miles.
- Pass the Pilgrim Hotel on the left. Then, after 1.5 miles, turn left for Callow.
- Take the first left into the no-through road half a mile after passing Callow Church.
- Follow run signs
Directions from Abergavenny
- Follow the A465 towards Hereford for 18 miles.
- Turn right immediately before the Shell Garage on to the B4348 for Much Dewchurch.
- Cross the railway line and take the first left.
- Turn right at the T-junction.
- Turn right after 400 metres into the no-through road and follow run signs