At the December committee we discussed the following issues:
- Review of Monkhall XC which was well organised and well received by most runners, particularly the refreshments
- Club Code of Conduct - this will be issued to all new members as part of a welcome pack and existing club members will be asked to sign up to it as well. The final document will be issued to members in the New Year
- As part of the exercise to find out what people want from the club, a members feedback questionnaire is being designed and will also be issued in the New Year
- Final arrangements for the New Years Day 10k
Minutes will appear here once approved.
At the December committee meeting a number of serious incidents, which had occurred some months previously, involving 2 club members at the time, were discussed. Although the previous committee had taken some action, as incoming Chairman, I felt that further measures were necessary. As a result the perpetrator has been expelled from the club and asked to refrain from further contact with any of our members.
The Committee went on to discuss how we can prevent other incidents in the future. Proposals will be discussed at the next Committee and there will be further posts on this subject as we agree the measures that we are going to take. In the meantime, I wanted all members to be aware that we have taken appropriate action in this specific case and that we will treat very seriously any other issues that are of concern to our members.
Part of Jan Edwards’ role as Welfare Officer is to be the first point of contact for any member who has a club-related matter, which they need to discuss or get advice on. You can approach Jan in complete confidence, if you are concerned or unsure of the appropriate course of action.
The first meeting of the new committee took place on Monday 13th November. The full minutes of this meeting will appear here once approved at the next meeting.
Main points covered were:
- 3 additional members were co-opted - Paddy Nugent, Website & communications, Jan Edwards, Welfare Officer and Volunteer Co-ordinator, Ralph Lloyd Charity co-ordinator, Events catering and Assistant Social secretary ( Kelly Rose is also Social Secretary).
- We do need someone to be Head Coach, but Martin agreed to cover that role for the time being
- Website administration is currently covered by Steven Flowers, but we are looking for someone else in the club, who is interested and has the right skills, to help Steven develop and improve the site
- The Committee also discussed a serious incident which had occurred some months previously which is referred to elsewhere in this section.
The next Committee meeting is on Monday 11th December. The Agenda will appear here in due course.
The approved minutes of the October meeting are here: