The Agenda for the next Committee meeting to be held on Monday 9th July is here:
The approved minutes of the May meeting are here:
Main points discussed at the June meeting:
- Tony Champken co-opted onto Committee as Membership Secretary
- Wye Valley 10 to take place on Sunday August 19th. Simon Oliver is Race Director
- Abbeydore cross country
- Club Run
- Cotswold Relay
- Club logo - Peter Flynn and Lara Seal are looking at a new design
- AGM date November 2nd
The main points discussed were:
- Final arrangements for Gords 6
- Some changes to club nights as a result of the Members Consultation exercise
- General Data Protection Regulations
- Chasing up members who have not renewed or paid subscriptions
- Super 10
- Dates for alternative runs
- Club kit
- Club equipment
The approved minutes of the March meeting are here:
The next meeting is on Monday May 14th. The Agenda is here:
The Committee met twice in March. At the normal Committee meeting the main points discussed were:
- Review of Muddy Woody, which all agreed was very successful again. Thanks to Dave Sherwood and team. We have agreed to review our policy on athletes who have entered and cannot run.
- Paul Bouston attended to update progress on the organisation of the Gords 6. Agreed to order race T-shirts out of club funds in order to promote the race. The race would also be one of the Super 10.
- Results of Members Consultation exercise considered at a separate meeting
- Paid up membership stands at 97 with 38 not renewed. Further reminder on facebook
- Application made to UK Athletics for free coaching support. This had been approved and we await further information
At a separate meeting the Committee considered the results of the Members Survey. The response rate was over 50% and generally very positive. The Committee agreed a number of changes to improve Club nights and promote better use of the Rowing Club facilities. These are detailed in the News section. The full report can be seen here
The approved minutes of the February meeting are here
The Agenda for the next meeting on April 9th is here
Main points discussed at this weeks meeting:
- Final preparations for Muddy Woody
- Club Code of Conduct finalised and to be applicable to all new and existing members
- Results of Members Consultation exercise still coming in, but almost 60 responses, which is excellent. Some interesting results. Martin and Paddy to co-opt a couple of members to go through the survey in detail and make recommendations to the Committee
- New Data Protection requirements effective from May. Agreed to seek help from club members who may have knowledge/experience in this area.
- Application made to UK Athletics for free coaching support. Outcome awaited
The approved minutes of the January meeting are here
The club now has Code of Conduct signed off by the club committee. Read it here It is straightforward and based on advice from UK Athletics. All new and existing club members will be expected to sign up to this and we will work out the best way to do this. Any immediate queries please talk to Jan Edwards or Billy Griffiths the club's Welfare Officers.
Main points discussed at last weeks meeting:
- NYD 10k was very successful with over 200 runners. Very few problems other than slight confusion over the finish line. The bar-coding system for results which we trialed seemed to work well.
- Muddy Woody has now reached capacity (375). The club now has 2 new marquees which will make their first official appearance at the race
- The membership survey is now underway, with an excellent response so far. The results will be published as soon as possible.
- The club code of conduct is being finalised and will be issued to all new and existing members shortly.
- Next committee meeting is on Monday 5th February
The approved minutes of the December meeting are here
At the December committee we discussed the following issues:
- Review of Monkhall XC which was well organised and well received by most runners, particularly the refreshments
- Club Code of Conduct - this will be issued to all new members as part of a welcome pack and existing club members will be asked to sign up to it as well. The final document will be issued to members in the New Year
- As part of the exercise to find out what people want from the club, a members feedback questionnaire is being designed and will also be issued in the New Year
- Final arrangements for the New Years Day 10k
Minutes will appear here once approved.
At the December committee meeting a number of serious incidents, which had occurred some months previously, involving 2 club members at the time, were discussed. Although the previous committee had taken some action, as incoming Chairman, I felt that further measures were necessary. As a result the perpetrator has been expelled from the club and asked to refrain from further contact with any of our members.
The Committee went on to discuss how we can prevent other incidents in the future. Proposals will be discussed at the next Committee and there will be further posts on this subject as we agree the measures that we are going to take. In the meantime, I wanted all members to be aware that we have taken appropriate action in this specific case and that we will treat very seriously any other issues that are of concern to our members.
Part of Jan Edwards’ role as Welfare Officer is to be the first point of contact for any member who has a club-related matter, which they need to discuss or get advice on. You can approach Jan in complete confidence, if you are concerned or unsure of the appropriate course of action.
The first meeting of the new committee took place on Monday 13th November. The full minutes of this meeting will appear here once approved at the next meeting.
Main points covered were:
- 3 additional members were co-opted - Paddy Nugent, Website & communications, Jan Edwards, Welfare Officer and Volunteer Co-ordinator, Ralph Lloyd Charity co-ordinator, Events catering and Assistant Social secretary ( Kelly Rose is also Social Secretary).
- We do need someone to be Head Coach, but Martin agreed to cover that role for the time being
- Website administration is currently covered by Steven Flowers, but we are looking for someone else in the club, who is interested and has the right skills, to help Steven develop and improve the site
- The Committee also discussed a serious incident which had occurred some months previously which is referred to elsewhere in this section.
The next Committee meeting is on Monday 11th December. The Agenda will appear here in due course.
The approved minutes of the October meeting are here: